SEND Law training delivered by IPSEA
We are very excited to announce that we will be running specialist SEND Law training from IPSEA (Independent Provider of Special Education Advice) .
To take part in this training opportunity you will need to have a connection to Hammersmith and Fulham. Once you have signed up on Eventbrite you will be sent a link to the pre-training exercise survey – please ensure you fill this in as it will allow us to get the most out of the session.
The training will be a full-day session and be developed according to the main issues affecting parents and carers in Hammersmith and Fulham (as indicated in the pre-training survey); it will look at the following areas:
• The legislative framework for supporting children and young people with SEND
• The legal duties of local authorities and schools / FE colleges and other settings
• Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessments and reassessments
• The content of EHC plans, including naming a placement and amending a plan
• Annual reviews
• Appealing to the SEND Tribunal
• An introduction to the Equality Act 2010, including the duty to make reasonable adjustments
• The law on exclusions